kristina - birthday girl. superwoman.
kristina is a superstar. she's such a strong, intelligent, funny woman. she has a self-confidence i really admire, and from the first time we met, i felt as though i had known her forever. do yourself a favor and hang out with her - get some drinks or see a show or spend a few hours tripping over each other in a tech booth. you won't be disappointed!
What are qualities that you think are important in a friend?
Power, but not in the Machivellian way. Whether it's the ability to get a group of people together, or raw talent, or a sense of compassionate efficiency- I love people who can get some shit done or reshape it or knock it out.
What is your favorite thing (or things) about yourself?
My ability to give out a vibe of confidence when on the inside I feel like a mess of twine.
I also have a kicking ass.
Tell me about something you are good at.
I'm freaking hilarious and I can be crazy persuasive.
What is something you wish you were good at?
Portion control and being able to make/build things. I think both of these things will do amazing things for my wardrobe.
What was your first impression of me - and how has your impression of me changed?
first impression of you was solid because a lot of people I liked liked you. I'm a total "letter of recommendation" girl.Then I liked you even more because you did tech (I'm not crazy feminist but girls who do tech well get huge points in my book because it's some thing you have to really try to get someone to show you because most people assume girls want to be on stage all the time). And then I liked you more cause you were dating Kevin and I already had a sense I liked you, so two people I liked making each other happy is awesome. And then I liked you even more because of our long convo at the first LWL and you were so refreshing (and good at holding your liquor). You are strong but with no airs of pretension. Talking to you is like playing cards with old friends- You encourage me to be my A game but if I slip a little, you won't judge me for it. That's the impression that sticks to this day.
that's so nice. i think my awkward adolescence experience makes me assume that most women aren't all that supportive of one another. nor do i expect them to be particularly nice to me or each other. i love when amazing women i admire prove me wrong.
If you were trapped in a cell in a dungeon - what 3 people (alive or dead,famous or personal) would you want to be trapped with?
*Lisa, my BFF
*Patton Oswalt (but only if he's willing to make out with me)
*Dorothy Parker, so that I can learn from her witticisms and life mistakes. Plus I think this combination would make a HILARIOUS imprisonment.
Totally! And if Patton has any smarts at all, he'd make out with you. Imprisoned or not!
Do you think the qualities you look for in a friend are the same qualities you look for in a man? (A man to date, rather than a man to be friends with..)
Nope. Sadly enough I let dateable men get a way with a lot more being sucky than I allow friends. I've always had a shitload of friends so it's kind of like "What do you think makes you special enough?" But I've never really had a lot suitors so it's kind of "Eh, you're 150 pounds overweight and still wear shirts from Hot Topic...oh, you're willing to make out with me? Nevermind then." I'm working on that.
everyone deserves to be picky! men who are sucky do not fall into the dateable category. 150 pound overweight with a shirt from Hot Topic? well, that depends on the shirt. the dude could still be dateable. this, from hot topic, would totally make a guy undateable!
What would you like to be able to make or build? We were talking today about cooking - do you aspire to do that? What crafts do you want to be good at?
I would love to be more domesticated in general. Definitely cooking because I love food and it's sad how much I eat out. My BFF is an amateur chef and whips up amazing things all the time. I also wish I could draw. I've always wanted to do a comic book but I could only write it and that's not half as fun. Oh, and knitting simply because I have a manual fetish and I think it would cut down on my smoking.
i will totally teach you how to knit! let's make some socks!
Could you have imagined what your life is like now five years ago? Are you happy with the choices you've made in your life to date, regardless ofwhether this is where you thought you'd be?
Fuck no. 5 years ago, I was sitting in a bar in Sarasota, drinking too much, waiting for my father to die and being a whole new level of depressed. I don't think I was imagining any thing from my life. I had originally wanted to move to DC and pursue a political life, but when my dad got sick again, I postponed it to be around for his last few months. Since then I've made some seriously shitty life choices (mostly in the financial and professional arenas), but I think the only good ones were moving here and taking improv classes. Thanks to that, I'm not closer to being in control of my life but at least I'm having fun while doing it.
That's so important. Someone once advised me that if you're not sure what you're doing with your life, just make sure you don't make the wrong choices. Even if you don't know what the right choice is, you'll still get to a good place and you'll probably have a more interesting journey. To me, the most important thing is enjoying life, even if I'm not doing what I'm "supposed" to be doing.
I just bought you a camel for your birthday. What is your reaction?
I hope his hump doesn't rub against my blisters. (hee, hee! ;-))
What are qualities that you think are important in a friend?
Power, but not in the Machivellian way. Whether it's the ability to get a group of people together, or raw talent, or a sense of compassionate efficiency- I love people who can get some shit done or reshape it or knock it out.
What is your favorite thing (or things) about yourself?
My ability to give out a vibe of confidence when on the inside I feel like a mess of twine.
I also have a kicking ass.
Tell me about something you are good at.
I'm freaking hilarious and I can be crazy persuasive.
What is something you wish you were good at?
Portion control and being able to make/build things. I think both of these things will do amazing things for my wardrobe.
What was your first impression of me - and how has your impression of me changed?
first impression of you was solid because a lot of people I liked liked you. I'm a total "letter of recommendation" girl.Then I liked you even more because you did tech (I'm not crazy feminist but girls who do tech well get huge points in my book because it's some thing you have to really try to get someone to show you because most people assume girls want to be on stage all the time). And then I liked you more cause you were dating Kevin and I already had a sense I liked you, so two people I liked making each other happy is awesome. And then I liked you even more because of our long convo at the first LWL and you were so refreshing (and good at holding your liquor). You are strong but with no airs of pretension. Talking to you is like playing cards with old friends- You encourage me to be my A game but if I slip a little, you won't judge me for it. That's the impression that sticks to this day.
that's so nice. i think my awkward adolescence experience makes me assume that most women aren't all that supportive of one another. nor do i expect them to be particularly nice to me or each other. i love when amazing women i admire prove me wrong.
If you were trapped in a cell in a dungeon - what 3 people (alive or dead,famous or personal) would you want to be trapped with?
*Lisa, my BFF
*Patton Oswalt (but only if he's willing to make out with me)
*Dorothy Parker, so that I can learn from her witticisms and life mistakes. Plus I think this combination would make a HILARIOUS imprisonment.
Totally! And if Patton has any smarts at all, he'd make out with you. Imprisoned or not!
Do you think the qualities you look for in a friend are the same qualities you look for in a man? (A man to date, rather than a man to be friends with..)
Nope. Sadly enough I let dateable men get a way with a lot more being sucky than I allow friends. I've always had a shitload of friends so it's kind of like "What do you think makes you special enough?" But I've never really had a lot suitors so it's kind of "Eh, you're 150 pounds overweight and still wear shirts from Hot Topic...oh, you're willing to make out with me? Nevermind then." I'm working on that.
everyone deserves to be picky! men who are sucky do not fall into the dateable category. 150 pound overweight with a shirt from Hot Topic? well, that depends on the shirt. the dude could still be dateable. this, from hot topic, would totally make a guy undateable!
What would you like to be able to make or build? We were talking today about cooking - do you aspire to do that? What crafts do you want to be good at?
I would love to be more domesticated in general. Definitely cooking because I love food and it's sad how much I eat out. My BFF is an amateur chef and whips up amazing things all the time. I also wish I could draw. I've always wanted to do a comic book but I could only write it and that's not half as fun. Oh, and knitting simply because I have a manual fetish and I think it would cut down on my smoking.
i will totally teach you how to knit! let's make some socks!
Could you have imagined what your life is like now five years ago? Are you happy with the choices you've made in your life to date, regardless ofwhether this is where you thought you'd be?
Fuck no. 5 years ago, I was sitting in a bar in Sarasota, drinking too much, waiting for my father to die and being a whole new level of depressed. I don't think I was imagining any thing from my life. I had originally wanted to move to DC and pursue a political life, but when my dad got sick again, I postponed it to be around for his last few months. Since then I've made some seriously shitty life choices (mostly in the financial and professional arenas), but I think the only good ones were moving here and taking improv classes. Thanks to that, I'm not closer to being in control of my life but at least I'm having fun while doing it.
That's so important. Someone once advised me that if you're not sure what you're doing with your life, just make sure you don't make the wrong choices. Even if you don't know what the right choice is, you'll still get to a good place and you'll probably have a more interesting journey. To me, the most important thing is enjoying life, even if I'm not doing what I'm "supposed" to be doing.
I just bought you a camel for your birthday. What is your reaction?
I hope his hump doesn't rub against my blisters. (hee, hee! ;-))

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home